Guides Testimonials Explore Fleet

Frequently Asked Questions

What Type of Campers do you have for Hire?

Retro T2: Our retro style imported VW Type 2 campervans with water cooled engines, straight out of Brazil where they are still manufacturing them as busses. They still drive and feel similar to the original 70's campers but are much more reliable. Check out our eBook for more details.
Modern VW T5: Our modern VW T5 has been converted to a high standard fitted with some great features inlcuding the option of European Hire, find out more on our dedicated T5 site availble from the tab to the right. (Please see dedicated T5 website for full details).

How do we contact you?

Please call us on 01394 822195 or contact us via our contact form.

What are your collection and return times?

Weekly Hire -

Collection Friday 1-5PM (Slot Based) - Return Friday between 9-10am

Weekend Hire -

Collection Friday 1-5PM (Slot Based) - Return Monday 2-3PM

Where are you based?

For the 2016 season onwards we will be based in Halesworth, Suffolk (Previously based in Rendlesham, Woodbridge 2011-2015 and Noak Hill 2008-2011). Our new larger premises are within easy reach of the A12 north and south connecting most of East Anglia to London and Cambridgeshire.

You can find full details on our contact page.

Can we leave our car with you while we are away?

Yes, you may leave one vehicle safely with us; this service is free of charge but entirely at your own risk. For security we have 24 hour patrols and cameras in operation.

What is the minimum/maximum age we can hire a VW camper?

25-75 Years, with a minimum 2 years driving experience.

Can we add additional drivers?

Yes, we allow a second driver at no extra cost, which can be added to the rental aggreement on the day of collection. Second drivers must be present for the demonstration when collecting your camper, they will need to bring both parts of their driving licences (Including copies) and a recent utility bill belonging to the second driver. Details of any points they may have must be sent to us in advance of booking.

Can we travel abroad?

We offer European travel on our Modern T5 campervans which includes AA European cover and insurance for up to two drivers. Please confirm your hire requirements on the booking page, we will need additional information after booking in order to obtain a green card from our insurer, which includes D.O.B and number of people traveling with you.

What happens if we break down?

Our VW campers are very reliable, but for peace of mind we supply all our campervans with 24 hour UK recovery.

How do I make a booking? When is the deposit required?

Bookings can be made online via are easy to use online booking system, once you have completed your booking you will be emailed your deposit confirmation. Once you have made your final payment you will be emailed your Booking Confirmation, please make sure you check all details are correct and contact us with any errors

If you prefer you may call us during office hours to check availability and book over the phone.

A non-refundable deposit will be required for bookings made up to 6 weeks before collection then the full balance will be required to secure your booking. If your booking falls within 6 weeks of the reservation date we will require the full amount which can be sent via the website at the time of booking.

Deposit Required:

A deposit of £150 per week is required to reserve the van with the balance due six weeks before collection.

Security Deposit:

All hire periods require a refundable security deposit of £500.00 to be paid via bank transfer, security deposits are refunded by bank transfer.

Is insurance included in the hire price?

Yes, all our prices quoted online and otherwise include ‘Fully Comprehensive Insurance’ within the UK and on request a second driver providing they meet the minimum requirements.

I have points and/or convictions on my licence can I still hire a camper?

Yes, you can still hire a VW camper if your points are for a non serious offence within the last 4 years i.e. Speeding, providing they do not exceed 6 points. Simply uncheck the ‘No driving convictions’ box on the booking page and continue to book online. If your points or convictions are for a serious offence within the last 11 years or exceed 6 points our insurer requires prior notification, please contact us before booking if you're unsure.

I have a non-UK driving Licence can I still hire a campervan?

UK licence holders are permitted to hire a campervan as per the Terms and Conditions. All other non-UK License’s please contact us with your details and we will confirm with our insurer any additional costs, if any. In most cases any international licence is accepted.

Are personal belongings covered by the insurance?

No, the insurance provided with the hire does not cover your personal possessions. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance to cover this.

Do you offer single day hire for school proms etc?

We do not currently offer single day hire, our minimum hire period is three day weekend hire (Friday-Monday).

Do your vans have heaters?

Yes, all our vans come with heaters but you can also bring your own if required.

Are we allowed to take pets on our trip?

Yes we allow one small well behaved pet to travel with you, there is an additional cost of £20 per hire period.

Due to the size of the camper van and issue's regarding hygiene we only allow small dogs to travel in the camper, please contact us before booking if you are unsure.

What do we need to bring with us?

Our campervans are fully equipped with a full range of kitchen utensils. You will need to bring your own bedding/sleeping bags pillows, towels and accessories.

NEW 2016: You need to bring your Driving licence (Photo ID) or if you have an older licence just the pink paper part. And for the new online system we will email you the requirments. We also require a proof of address which can be a recent utility or tax bill or something similar with your address matching your license to confirm your identity, please also bring a copy of the these documents when you collect.

If you are travelling to Europe we will also need to see your passport and a copy as above.

We cannot allow hire without the above documents.

What Fuel do your campervans run on?

Our retro run on basic (Ron95) unleaded petrol, our T5 vans run on Diesel, you can expect to get around 40-45 Miles Per Gallon from our vans.

What optional extras do you supply with the campervan?

Awning + Optional Inner Tent (Inflatable Khyam Awning available @ £40.00 per week/weekend)

DVD Player (Available @ £15.00 per hire period)

Bike Hire (See eBook for prices)

Storage Tent (Limited Availability) FREE

Booster Seat (Only needed if child is sitting in the front of the van, lap belts in rear (T2's), T5's have three point seat belts throughout) FREE

Additional Outdoor Table and Chairs (Great for the awning) FREE

Bike Rack (2 Bicycle Limit) FREE

How does the bike hire work?

Hiring a bike with your camper is easy, bike hire includes a free helmet for each bike, a bicycle pump and a lock and the bike rack will also be included even if you forget to tick the box on the booking page. Then when you collect your camper, the bikes will be loaded on the bike rack for you. If you would like to add bike hire to your hire period just let us know.

Do you offer Gift Vouchers?

Yes, vouchers can be purchased online via the link on our booking page. Our vouchers start from £20.00. Each voucher is customisable with the amount and name of recipient and will be sent to the purchaser on completion of the checkout process.

How do we receive discount privilages for the Camping and Caravanning Club?

privilage scheme

As part of the Camping and Caravanning Club’s Privilege Scheme you have access to over 110 participating campsites, at discounted rates, throughout the duration of your hire period. To find out more about the Privilege scheme please follow this link: Find out more

Book Online Contact Questions